Studying in Auckland
A Guide for International Students
Entry Requirements and English Language Proficiency Requirements
In addition to course pre-requisites, the following requirements must be met for studying at our Institute of IT Training:
For Level 5 courses:
Students must be at least 18 years old and have met the English Language requirement (IELTS Overall Band Score 5.5 or maybe accepted subject to passing the internal ITTI English Language Test and attending an interview.)
For Level 6 courses:
Students must be at least 18 years old and have met the English Language requirement (IELTS Overall Band Score 6.0 or maybe accepted subject to passing the internal ITTI English Language Test and attending an interview.)
An aptitude test may apply for some programmes verifying student suitability if the course pre-requisites have not been met.
Conditions of Acceptance
All students must complete the ITTI enrolment form and sign an agreement with ITTI accepting the Terms and Conditions of Study and have made payment in full prior to course commencement.
Entry Requirements for International Students
An International Student is any student who:
- Does not have New Zealand residency or citizenship and
- Does not have refugee status
Note: Students from Australia, Niue, the Cook Islands, and Tokelau are counted as having New Zealand residency for the purposes of study.
To apply for an academic programme, all International students must provide:
- A completed and signed Student Enrolment form which can be downloaded from our website: http://www.itti.ac.nz/enrol.htm, or contact us by email or telephone, and we will post/email or fax you a copy.
- Proof of your English ability (one of the following: recent IELTS or TOEFL test results or evidence that your medium of instruction has been English). Persons not meeting the above criteria can appear for an internal English Language Test which is conducted at the school.
- A notarised English translation of your academic records, from your highest level of academic study
- If you are still at school, a copy of your most recent school report
- Details of any relevant work experience you would like us to consider
- Registration fees in form of a bank cheque or draft of NZ$150 in the name of ‘IT Training Limited’ to cover the administration cost.
All applications will be responded to promptly. It usually takes 2 - 3 working days to assess an application and make a decision. In busy seasons it may take up to 5 working days.
If you do not meet some of the requirements, you may be sent a Conditional Offer of Place. When you meet the stated requirement(s), send the evidence to ITTI for a final Offer of Place. You generally cannot use a Conditional Offer of Place to pay your fees or apply for a Visa.
When you meet the requirements and are accepted into a programme we will send you the following documents:
- Offer of Place (including Accommodation Guarantee)
- Information pack including medical insurance information, campus map, orientation information etc
- Receipt for your registration fees
Once you have received your final (unconditional) Offer of Place, you can pay your tuition fees and arrange your accommodation, insurance, and travel. Do not send any tuition fees to ITTI until your Offer of Place is unconditional (unless you have been contacted specially.)
Your Conditional Offer of Place will show the academic tuition fees per year. This is quoted in New Zealand dollars and covers a full-time programme, including course materials.
Credit Transfers for International Students
ITTI will accept credits gained by a student in any other institution locally or overseas. The Academic Manager at ITTI will assess all application requests for Credit Transfers.
Please write to:
The Academic Manager
Information Technology Training Institute
PO Box 18023
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.